Monday, June 30, 2008

Why Karaoke before Home Stays is not the best idea.

So last Friday I went to my first Karaoke ever. I'm thinking that if marketing doesn't pan out one of these establishments is what I am going to open up in the states (haha just kidding). I want to take one home with me!! Basically you pay a flat fee for either no drinks or all you can drink. Then you are pretty much allowed to stay there for long periods of time (like...oh lets say 8pm-1am). All in all this was fabulous time filled with awesome duets with the SGE students. I sang Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne with an SGE students who was the best back up a girl could ask for *laughs* All for the flat price of 1300¥ this all in all generally sounded like a good idea until the next morning--Where I met my host family at 9am.

I would like to start my home stay experience by announcing that I did not embarrass myself--despite the fact that I was a few hours short of a full nights sleep on my first day with them. I stayed with the Takada family which is a family composed of a mother (okasan), a father (otousan), and daughter (Yuuko). The father works a whole bunch so I only saw him in the evenings. The mother and Yuuko were fabulous. We started my homestay by going to a artists village where I made some Japanese arts and craft, then went grocery shopping for sukiyaki--which I must make again in the states. the next day we went sightseeing around Kanazawa and dropped by a department store on crack (department store/supermarket/amusement/food court/video game area/ and cinema.) nNeedless to say my host family rocked. I'm currently writing my thank you letter for them--almost done!!

--signing off for now--

dre

1 comment:

Brenda said...

OMG, how fun!!! I bet GP would love that dept store with the cinema and amusement par/arcade. It sounds awesome. Kind of makes you wonder how they get anything done! LOL!