Tuesday, June 17, 2008

help! help! I'm surrounded by engineers!!

So about 2-3 days ago one of the engineers in the building decided to fix the unbroken internet. >.< as a direct result the whole entire building has been leaching off of what we like to call "the old manternet" basically a very small trickle of internet that manages to reach our apartment. Thus the reason why I haven't posted as often as I would have liked.

Yesterday we discovered that beyond the fact that someone had touched the internet there was also the fact that our internet usage as a whole was so incredibly high that the school's system couldn't keep up with it. Therefore rules have been set to prevent this from happening. Anyone caught torrenting will be torture and hung to show an example of not hogging the internet. :P

Classes are going well, my least favorite is the science and technology one since assignments are given out in Japanese and there is a need to combine forces with other people to figure out exactly what we are doing for homework or an in-class assignment.

Yesterday I went to the school's travel agent and planned a super cheap trip to Kyoto and Osaka with some friends. (fun fun!) I'll be staying in yoto for a night at a ryokan (Japanese inn) and 2 nights in Osaka in a hotel. The plan is to go to Nara sometime in between to see the forest with deers and the giant buddha there.Train tickets and rooms were under 200!! *yay!*

I've still got pictures to upload but again the shoddy internet makes me sad. :( and therefore hates the uploading of pictures. Once the internet is properly fixed I will promise the rest of the pictures. :) I've got about another....150-200 to share.

signing off for now!!!

dre

2 comments:

Strlady said...

I always like all those "helpful" people! ARG!

Anonymous said...

Silly engineers. I still cant believe that RIT students would be downloading anything.