Saturday, July 12, 2008

My laptop is going to eat me...Oh! cheap hotels.

So I've been so busy with projects and presentations that I have no had a chance to write in english on my blog. instead of carrying around my convenient, cute and tiny EEE pc I have been lugging around the crappy dynabook laptop they gave us since I have to type up so much stuff in Japanese (consent forms, focus group questions, presentation scripts, power point slides, and final essays). Owning this gigantic japanese only laptop has opened up a whole new concept of hating computers to me. Not only is typing in ei-go (english) probably the hardest thing ever but writing in pure hiragana with no kanji is such a pain in the---yea. I really want to get Japanese input on my dell when I get homewhere there is an on off switch that isn't changed every time I graze the capslock button. Drives me a bit insane,


We were talking about spaces in general in Japan and discussed bathroom and the technological advancement of toilets in japan (two words-heated seats). It's interesting because we also talked with a IJST graduate who works in the tech division of Goldman Sachs. It was great having him talk about the work he does here in Japan. He really opened my eyes to what else I could do with my degree. He was really helpful in finding some places where I can look for job openings in Japan. However he recommended I do JET first. I explained to him about my thoughts on continuing my education (no doubt I will, but the when is still up in the air). I've now had two people say that perhaps it is best to do JET/Fulbright then do my MBA. ahh!!! too much conflicts!

I just finished finalizing my plans two weeks ago and the prices are fabulous!!! Ive got a climb to Mt.Fuji followed by 2 days in tokyo 2 days in hiroshima 1 day in himeji 2 days in osaka/kyoto 1 day in Nagoya and 2 more days in tokyo. YAY!!!

No comments: